A DOSE OF POWER LIVING®: Pay The Price For Your Goals – As sprinting legend Usain Bolt said, “Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, Effort, Sacrifice, and Sweat. How will you pay for your goals?”
Tag Archive for Olympics
In the News…
* Stress can make the brain more susceptible to mental illness (MNT-02/16/14)
* Olympian diet tips for mortals (The Daily Beast-02/15/14)
* Can sleeping apart help your relationship? (ABC News-02/14/14)
* 7 other chemicals in your food (CNN-02/10/14)
Girls playing sports is not about winning gold medals. It’s about self-esteem, learning to compete and learning how hard you have to work in order to achieve your goals.
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee (Olympian, U.S. track and field)
Too many times women try to be competitive with each other. We should help support each other, rather than try to be better than each other.
- Katarina Witt (Olympian, German figure skater)
You’ve got to look for tough competition. You’ve got to want to beat the best.
- Grete Waitz (Olympian/Norwegian marathon runner and former world record holder)
This ability to conquer oneself is no doubt the most precious of all things sports bestows.
- Olga Korbut (Olympian/Belarusian gymnast, gold & silver medalist)
Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit.
- Mary Lou Retton (Olympian/gold medalist at 1984 Summer Games)
I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
- Mia Hamm (Olympian/gold medalist in women’s soccer)