Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.
- Wilma Rudolph (Olympian/U.S. gold medalist in track and field)
Nothing is impossible. With so many people saying it couldn’t be done, all it takes is an imagination.
- Michael Phelps (Olympian/U.S. gold medalist in swimming)
There’s always a point where you get knocked down. But I draw on what I’ve learned on the track: If you work hard, things will work out.
- Lolo Jones (American track & field and bobsled athlete/Olympian)
Curling is not a sport. I called my grandmother and told her she could win a gold medal because they have dusting in the Olympics now.
- Charles Barkley (American basketball player, Olympian/U.S. gold medalist)
Sometimes it’s just the beer and bikinis that get people to come and watch, but it’s the competition that’s keeping them there.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings (Olympian, U.S. beach volleyballer)
They picked me for a doping test. They simply cannot believe that such a great body can be built without any banned stuff.
- Zoltan Szcesi (Olympian, Hungarian water polo player)
I have been dubbed ‘the girl who puts the glamour into hammer’.
- Sophie Hitchon (Olympian, British hammer thrower)