THE BUZZ: I participated in two wonderful Womensphere events recently. I spoke at the 7th Womensphere Global Summit 2014, closing the event out in true Power Living fashion. The theme this year was “Creating the Future: Accelerating Advancement.” There were a slew of dynamic women in addition to a few good men. I met some new friends such as Terri Austin, Chief Diversity Officer at McGraw-Hill Financial and Cindy Pace, Head of Global Women’s Initiative for MetLife and saw some fellow Young Global Leaders such Shamina Singh, Executive Director of MasterCard Center for Inclusive Growth and Lili Gil Valetta, CEO & Founder of XL Alliance.
The week before I was at the YouTube offices in New York to hear about how to optimize content through their network. Some of the things to consider include:
1. Shareability – Will viewers share these videos? Why are they sharing? What does it say about them?
2. Conversation – Is there an element of speaking directly to the audience?
3. Interactivity – Is there a way to involve the audience with this idea?
4. Consistency – Are there strong recurring elements to this idea?
5. Targeting – Is there a clearly defined audience?
6. Sustainability – If the audience loves it, can you make more of it?
7. Discoverability – Will the content get found through search and related videos?
8. Accessibility – Can every episode be appreciated by a brand new viewer?
9. Collaboration – Is there a way to feature guest stars?
10. Inspiration – Is this idea coming from a genuine place of passion?
Here’s a slideshow of all the photos: